FADAK Islamic Center at Rolla (FICR) is a non-profit organization located in Rolla, Missouri, USA. It serves as mosque and educational center for Muslims to gather and practice their faith in accordance to the thoughts of the school of the Ahlulbayat (household) of the Prophet Muhammad (S) in Islamic religion, known as the Shia, the Twelver (the Ithna 'Ashariyah in Arabic), the Imamiyah, or the Ja'fariyah.
The FADAK Islamic Center at Rolla (FICR) is founded exclusively for religious and educational purposes. The mission of the FICR shall include:
- Providing a place for Shiite Muslims to gather and practice their faith.
- Promoting Islamic theology and the principles of Islam.
- Teaching the Islamic history, theology and principles.
- Teaching how to read the holly Quran in Arabic with an appropriate meaning and understanding.
FICR success is attributed to the dedication of the community to preserving Islam in Rolla and their commitment to the education of future generations of Muslims. With the grace and mercy of Allah (God), we share our faith and our house of worship with all those who are willing to learn about Islam and Muslims.
What is Islam?
Islam means the active submission to the one God (called Allah in Islam); it is strictly a monotheism religion since it restricts worship to the one supreme Lord who is the Originator and Creator of the universe. Islam teaches that God is the source of all creation and that human beings are the best of his creation.
Peace (the root from which the word Islam is derived) is attained through complete obedience to the commandments of God, for God is the source of all peace. Shiite Muslims (Shia) are those who believe in one God and in Prophet Muhammad (S) as the final messenger from God, after Prophet Muhammad’s death, the Shia believe that the Prophet had appointed Imam Ali (A), by divine will, to be his successor. The Quran, which is the holy book for Muslims, contains 114 chapters (called Suras). Therefore, the theology of Twelver Shias contains five principles of faith known as Usul Al-Din (fundamental of religion) as:
- Monotheism (One God, ALLAH)
- Prophecy (long chain of Prophets and Messengers and Prophet Muhammad (S) is the last messenger)
- Imamate (12 Infallible Imams after Prophet Muhammad’s death)
- Justice (Allah is fair)
- The Day of Resurrection (The Day of Judgment)